Electrical Design Engineer
Advanced Diesel Engineering is looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to support the continued growth of our Generator, Switchgear and Modular housing manufacturing site in Pontefract, West Yorkshire.
The electrical design engineer provides detailed designs of the electrical systems and components forming part of the company’s products. The role includes design, layout and specifications considerations – based on 3D modelling of designs and the development of 2D schematic, SLD, and other drawings with additional responsibility for coordination of complementary activities including material and equipment selection and procurement, installation and commissioning of the systems, as well as Customer-facing activities.
- Review of customer and project documentation and specifications for project compliance
- Design of HVAC, Lighting, small power systems
- Design and specification of l systems such as Fire Alarm, Fire Detection, Electronic Access and security
- Design, sizing and layout of cabling and wiring, including containment
- Control system and power / control cabling distribution systems including distribution boards, marshalling cabinets, earthing systems, integrated control of HVAC systems
- Detailed modelling using the in-house software – Solidworks and PDM Pro
- Creation of schematic and SLD drawings for design and manufacturing
- Development of Bills of Materials, equipment lists and associated information for procurement of materials
- Communication with material and equipment suppliers for quotations
- Administration of Purchase Orders for purchased equipment
- Administration and control of drawings and documents issued by the company for projects
- Communication of the basis and details of designs with suppliers and Customers
- Support and coordination of workload to ensure work is completed within agreed timescales
- Coordination with workshop activities to ensure correct installation of equipment
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of electrical design principles and requirements
- Strong knowledge of electrical installation requirements
- Experience in using 3D modelling (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience in using 2D CAD software (AutoCAD)
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of modular switchgear and control buildings, generator systems
- Understanding of fuel and oil control and delivery systems would be beneficial
- Experience of lighting calculations (Dialux or Relux); Experience of Amtech pro design software
If this sounds like you please get in touch - we have positions available with an immediate start.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Please submit your CV to Tracey Buxton or get in touch for more information:
Mobile: 07585 988 403